Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 44 The Economy

I am at the age where if I don’t know anything about managing money, I am in big trouble. The first video was, however, a very plain explanation of how things have gone wrong in our economy and we will be paying for this for quite a while. So my investment strategies over the years are not paying at this point. I am among the ones who wonder how long to delay retirement in hopes that the economy improves.
The things that I was interested in this section are ways of not spending too much money. I already walk/bike to work and many other places to save the car, gas, and the environment. I will go to garage sales, thrift stores, and use coupons. I read through FrugalDad’s page and picked up a few more tips. I laughed about the chickens in the city sections because my town recently decided not to allow them. I grew up with chickens and am not a big fan, so I am not too heartbroken about it. I used to be afraid I was cheap, but after reading this thing, I know that the real term is frugal which means avoiding waste. I like that a lot better!

No comments: