Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 43 Online TV & Video

I did not know about Hulu and Joost before I started More Things. I did know that you can watch TV programs online and it seemed like a good idea to me. You can watch them whenever you want, so if you become addicted to Desperate Housewives, you can go out and have some fun Sunday night and then catch up with the girls later. You can also save time because you don't have to watch commercials. Well, I take that back. I went to the fitness center today and watched an episode of 30Rock online while I was bicycling (they don't call it TechRec for nothing!). The episode only lasted 23 minutes, but there were a few ads right during the program, but nothing like the 3 or 4 minutes of commercials on TV these days.

Today was actually the first day I have watched an entire show online. At home, I use a wireless connection and I think it is a little too slow to view TV programs. I can see people giving up cable connections and watching online TV exclusively-well probably not so much my generation, but the younger ones for sure. It won't affect my home at all because my husband loves TV.

No comments: