Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thing 28 Customized Home Pages

I looked at pageflakes and netvibes but have been using IGoogle for sometime now and will probably continue to do so since Google has so many related functions. I like that I have one username and password for all the things that I have done with Google--my blog, Google Analytics, Gmail, and Google Docs so far. Having to register for yet another account is a big turn off for me and I can't say how many times I have had to have usernames and passwords emailed to me so I can get back into accounts like FaceBook and Twitter. I have Google email, calendar, RSS feeds, and bookmarks for things I need to check frequently and I like that no one else can see the information on my page. It is very easy to setup, can be viewed from anywhere and also can be viewed on portable devices so I can use it as my Itouch homepage. I tried making my own gadget and it was really easy. I added a to do list which will be useful and will help do away with all the little slips of paper I keep in my pockets. I have added another gadget that I think will be useful below.

No comments: