Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 8 and 9

I managed to miss my Thing 9 post and couldn't figure out how to get it in order. So I am adding Thing 9 to my title but my post for 9 actually appears between Thing 11 and Thing 12. Doh!


I see both personal uses for these tools and uses for libraries. Slide sharing is handy for people who travel and do presentations. I have been to conferences where the speaker forgot his/her presentation and was scrambling at the last minute trying to get it or recreate it. Slide sharing would be one more way to make sure you have your presentation when you arrive at a conference.
Picture sharing like Flickr is handy for families spread around the world. Lazybase looks like it would be very easy to post a list to a person's own website. I could make a list of DVDs that we own and share them with my kids.
One tool I have used is eFolio. It is easy to sign up for and easy to set up. I have to update my resume every year and keep track of my professional development. This site makes it extremely easy to do.
There is a huge variety of Web 2.0 tools available and something will be useful to everyone if you can take the time to look.

No comments: