Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 16 Student 2.0 Tools

At the state fair last summer, I volunteered at the Minitex booth and Research Project Calculator was one of the tools that we demonstrated. Everyone who saw it was quite impressed and said they would show it to their children and students and encourage them to use it. We also have it as Assignment Calculator on our Library web site. The staff in the tutoring department on campus think that it is a very useful tool. They work with students who just don't know where to begin when they are faced with a writing assignment. The steps really help the students to approach the assignment in a methodical way and gives them resources to use at each step. This is a link to our Assignment Calculator

For myself, I am giving a presentation at a conference in August. While I have a general idea of what I am going to say, this will help me make it more complete. I have already entered my dates and signed up for email reminders. I think it is a great tool.

No comments: