Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 13 Productivity Tools

PageFlakes was very easy to use as were iGoogle and MyYahoo. I am already using iGoogle and MyYahoo, so I didn't set up an account on PageFlakes. We use shared Outlook calendars at work and I put my personal stuff in there too. I can see where these things would be useful for collaboration outside of work or for people who don't have something like Outlook available.
Instead of to do lists, I often flag messages to follow up and make tasks lists in Outlook. It works very well. Outlook also has a notes feature like sticky notes.
The tool I liked the best is the Zamzar site. We often have to convert file formats for students in our library. The most frequent is Microsoft Works documents to Word and .docx to .doc. It will be very useful.

No comments: