Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 18 YouTube

One of the first videos I ever saw on YouTube was Michael Richards having a meltdown in response to some hecklers. I also remember reading a cartoon about a teenager who said he fell down in the lunchroom and spilled his tray of food all over himself. He friend replied, "yeah, I know. I saw it on YouTube." Because phone cameras are so ubiquitous these days, no one can get away with anything. I am sure everyone agrees that this is both good and bad. I enjoyed looking through the videos, old commercials and the march of the librarians. I was at ALA last year, but did not see myself nor did I recognize any of the librarians in the video.

My favorite video is also from ALA last year. It is Dewey Decimators Book Cart Drill Team - MLA 2007. I take part in a drill team here, but these guys are great! I hope you enjoy it.


No comments: